As we reach the end of another fantastic year for the smart10 Recruitment Team, we thought we’d give you a little bit of an insight into what it’s like to be a member of the gang, how joining smart10 has impacted the lives of our team members, and how your dream job could be just around the corner! Take a look below for our top 5 must knows…
Five Things You Didn’t Know About Recruiting
1. Working in recruitment changes your confidence outside of work – It’s true! Everyone here at the smart10 office say that they have grown in confidence since joining the team. They also often use their newly found skills in everyday life, such as negotiating better deals on a night out or a shopping trip, feeling able to speak out if there is something they don’t feel comfortable about, and report a general overall feeling of increased self-worth. And it’s not just adults the team has to negotiate with! Chrissie Lewis-Slinger, smart10’s Office Manager, said “Having recently brought a new edition into my family I now feel better equipped to negotiate with my young son and nephew, who I think would pretty much have me over a barrel if I hadn’t honed my ability to think outside the box and deal with regularly changing circumstances!” In Recruitment, no two days are the same, and you soon develop an adaptive and reactive attitude to changing situations, both in, and outside of work.
2. You unintentionally find out everything about everybody on a night out – One of the great things about being in recruitment is that you always hit the ground running…even after a night out on the town with colleagues! And yes, things can get a bit messy on a smart10 team night out, after all you gotta let your hair down once in a while, right?…but everyone always manages to make it into the office bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to face the next excitement packed day! Albeit with perhaps one or two red faces…but as the old saying goes…what happens on a smart10 night out stays on a smart10 night out! 😉
3. Registering candidates is a bit like ‘Blind Dates’ – Whatever you see on paper, you never really know what to expect when a person walks in to register once they have sent you their CV. We have some very interesting styles, and all different varieties of people walking into the smart10 office to join our candidate pool…but the great thing about it is that we can see if a prospective applicant is likely to be a good fit within the company we are sending them out to…in fact, we never send them if we don’t feel they will be happy, or suitable, for that position. After all, we want them to stay! And if a client, say, appreciates style and smart attire, we always make this clear to the candidate…just in case they were thinking of arriving in fancy dress or anything…
4. When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life – If you become a recruiter, and you find, like many of us, that it ignites your passion and drive for success, then it becomes less of a job, and more of a continuous ride at the funfair! And if you become part of a well-fitting team, with similar values, work ethic, and attitude you will find you not only make really good friends, but you now have a whole gang of team mates who have your back, and will be there to ride the waves with you through the good times...and bad!
5. We are expanding! – Yes, that’s right, the smart10 team are looking for someone just like YOU to join their team.! So if any of the above appeals to you, and you think you would be a good fit to our team, why not get in touch? We offer generous benefits, bespoke to individual requirements, plenty of perks, including financial incentives…and what’s more you’ll be working for a great team, who have won numerous awards for their dedication, enthusiasm, and innovative ways of practice.
So what are you waiting for? Come on, let’s make 2018 our year!
Claire and the smart10 team have won several prestigious awards, including ‘Business Person of the Year 2016’ (Herts Business awards), Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 (Inspiring Herts awards), New Business Award 2013 (Herts Business awards), and the Judges Award 2012 (Herts Business awards), incredibly in the company’s very first year of business.
If you’d like to be a part of this award-winning team Call Claire today on 01707 242962
Smile…You’ve Found Us 😊