Smart10's Management Team
"I'm completely committed and passionate about what I do. I never lose sight of my goals and the bigger picture"
Claire is an exceptionally self motivated and talented recruiter who benefits from a wealth of experience working within the local area. Over seven years ago, Claire was initially hired as a Trainee Recruiter in Welwyn Garden City for a large, corporate recruitment firm. Due to Claire's outstanding performance within her role, she quickly progressed and was promoted on numerous occasions. Claire became one of the company's most recognised and highest billing consultants and was renowned throughout the region for her excellent client relationship building skills to all her candidates and clients. Claire's determination, hardworking nature and entrepreneurial spirit are what instilled her with the confidence to start up her own business. Claire has been part of smart10 since it was formed and she is an approachable, passionate individual who is completely focused on filling her client's roles and placing candidates in the right jobs. It's Claire's sheer determination and 'not taking no for an answer' which has played an integral part in ensuring that smart10 is one of Hertfordshire's fastest growing and most dynamic recruitment firms. Claire has also been responsible for bringing on and retaining exceptionally talented and smart consultants to develop the brand.
60 seconds with Claire
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Passionate, professional and personable
- What do you like most about your job? The interaction of working within such an inspirational team and making a difference to people's future careers.
- What is your biggest achievement throughout your career? Securing the opportunity to be part of my own brand at smart10, and managing a team of fantastic consultants whom are some of the smartest recruiters within the industry.
- What 3 interview tips would you give a candidate? Be prepared, be professional, and don't forget to be yourself.
- Who inspires you? James Khan - to go against other people's advice and take some challenging risks, to build a number of hugely successful businesses from nothing, to me, is highly inspirational.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Doing what I do best, ensuring that the best talent is matched to the right job, and the right job has the best talent.
- Any career regrets? Nope.
- How many years experience within the industry do you have? 7 years
- What motivates you? Competition, Reward and Recognition.
- Hobbies? Spending quality time with my active two year old little boy Charles, who keeps me very busy and entertained. Travelling overseas and enjoying a healthy work/life balance.
"Anything is possible if you work hard enough, are truly focused and completely dedicated"
Emma brings a wealth of corporate experience to smart10, having worked extensively within small businesses as well as large corporate companies locally and internationally. Emma is completely dedicated to fulfilling her clients' expectations and is focused on ensuring that her candidates are placed in the right role. Consistently promoted throughout her career, Emma benefits from having nearly 6 years experience working within the recruitment industry and started her recruitment career by successfully setting up a whole new division for an executive search firm based in London. Emma was then recruited to work for a large, local recruitment company to turn around their underperforming office. It's one of Emma's greatest achievements, that with her manager, she was integral in turning around this office – which subsequently ended up being one of the company's most successful and improved branches across the country that year! This success led to Emma being asked to relocate to Dubai and help set up their recruitment branch in the Middle East. After four years living in the UAE and travelling across the Emirates, Emma recently relocated back to Hertfordshire and has set up smart10 Ltd, where she is a partner and successfully runs the business with her sister, Claire. Emma has won numerous awards throughout her career and is considered a talented negotiator and sales person with great leadership qualities.
60 Seconds with Emma
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Efficient, hardworking, charismatic
- What do you like most about your job? The satisfaction of knowing you can make a difference and really enhance and develop someone's career. It's also a great feeling knowing that you've added value to an organisation by introducing them to talented individuals within the market.
- What is your biggest achievement throughout your career? Being asked to relocate to Dubai with my previous company to help set up and develop their newly formed Dubai office. Also, getting the opportunity to set up my own business, smart10 Ltd with my sister.
- What 3 interview tips would you give a candidate? Preparation. Research the company extensively. Look the part, be confident and never lose faith in your abilities. I do have a fourth tip... never give up!
- Who inspires you? Anyone who truly believes in themselves, follows their dreams, never gives up and makes it happen.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? It maybe a pipedream at the moment, but I'm really focused on eventually developing smart10 internationally – I've always been tempted with Hong Kong or New York. So, who knows... it's exciting thinking about it.
- Any career regrets? No. I don't believe in regrets - instead just taking the learning experiences from the jobs which may not have been right for me.
- How many years experience within the industry do you have? 6 years
- What motivates you? Okay, so it may sound cheesy, but I love what I do. I'm passionate about helping others fulfil their potential and I get such a buzz knowing that I've done an exceptional job.
- Hobbies? Running, reading (especially autobiographies), cooking, skiing, collecting fine wines and travelling. I'm also currently learning/attempting to play golf (frustratingly, I'm not a natural) and improve my school girl French.
Stewart has over 20 years of experience working for and with a variety of major Blue Chip organisations through to Small and Medium Size enterprises. For 10 years, Stewart was responsible for leading the Learning & Development with two of the UK's largest recruitment companies covering all aspects of Induction through to Senior Management training. During this period he was nominated for, and won a variety of awards and was recognised for his contribution to the development of the businesses.
In 2011, Stewart took the decision to set up his own Training Business which has gone from strength to strength and boasts a variety of clients from a wide range of industries. His determination to provide bespoke solutions to each client whilst ensuring that they receive a return on their investments has resulted in many delighted clients across the UK. Understanding how a business operates and the challenges it faces are paramount to be able to help its employees develop. Stewart’s approach to training is highly interactive with the view that it has to be fun. The days of 'chalk and talk' are long gone!
Having known Emma and Claire for many years and sharing their outstanding approach to customer service it was a natural progression to join forces with smart10 to offer an additional service to businesses across Hertfordshire.
60 Seconds with Stewart
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Determined, energetic and fun
- What do you like most about your job? I love the opportunity to work with so many great companies across a wide range of industries. I get to meet people from such a wide variety of backgrounds from whom I never stop learning.
- What is your biggest achievement throughout your career? My biggest achievement undoubtedly has been setting my own training business, but I've been very fortunate to have been nominated for a wide variety of awards for my training over the years.
- What 3 interview tips would you give a candidate? Do your research on the company, back up your answers with examples and evidence and ask relevant questions.
- Who inspires you? I'm inspired by so many different people from all walks of life. Many former work colleagues have inspired me through to leading sports people and business leaders. I try to take a little from each of their qualities and use them to improve myself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Doing exactly what I do now. I love what I do so why change?
- Any career regrets? My only regret is not starting my own business sooner.
- How many years experience within the training industry do you have?
I have over 10 years experience within training.
- What motivates you? My biggest motivation is to see the people that I work with develop their skills to the best of their ability.
- Hobbies? I love my sport and spend much of my time running my son's football and cricket teams. When I’m not doing that, I can usually be found watching a football match somewhere or on the golf course trying to get my handicap down!
Chrissie is a consummate professional having around 5 years recruitment experience gained within an Independent, local recruitment firm. Chrissie started her career as a resourcer and developed quickly into a senior recruitment consultant. Not only did Chrissie gain expertise in IT recruitment she also focussed on customer service, call centre and administration positions where she excelled in all these sectors. Chrissie dedicates herself in providing an excellent service to both clients and candidates and enjoys building and maintaining exceptional relationships. Chrissie hopes to continue her success within Smart10 and have a long thriving career.
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Friendly, dedicated, professional
- How many years recruitment industry experience do you have? 5 years
- What do you like most about your job? I really enjoy helping others achieve their full potential and thrive on seeing individuals being successful in a job they never thought was possible.
- What is your biggest achievement throughout your career? Successfully managing large client accounts and continuing to build strong lasting relationships.
- What 3 interview tips would you give to a candidate? You always have to make a good first impression so punctuality is key always try to arrive at least 15 minutes early, Dress to impress and foremost always be yourself, trying to be someone you are not is never a good idea.
- Who inspires you? I would have to say my parents, they work extremely hard and are great role models.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Still doing what I love and have helped with the continuous success of Smart10.
- Any career regrets? None
- What motivates you? Having a dedication to succeed and knowing at the end of the day I have helped others.
- Hobbies? I enjoy keeping fit by regularly attending my local Zumba class. I love spending time with friends and family and looking after my little Nephew.